Fireworks Accident Leaves One Man Injured in Menlo ParkJuly 3, 2020
Menlo Park, CA (7/3/2020) – A man was taken to the hospital Thursday night after sustaining burns on his face and hand in a firework accident. The incident occurred around 10:58 p.m. at the 2900 block of Calvin Avenue.
According to the Menlo Park Fire Protection District, they found the 20-year-old victim with burns and cuts from a glass bottle that exploded after fireworks were placed inside. Paramedic Chris Dennebaum stated that the man’s eye “was completely swollen shut, especially with the underlying burns and lacerations caused by the glass and explosive device’s gun powder and packing material.” Emergency responders rushed the man to Stanford Hospital, where he is currently recovering from his injuries.
Fire Chief Harold Schapelhouman told residents to be careful around fireworks, even if they are labeled as safe. “Ask most firefighters about what we see every year,” Schapelhouman said. “Most can tell you horror stories about people who have blown fingers off, been blinded, lost hearing, or worse, because of illegal and legal fireworks use.”
Source: Mercury News
Suffer Burn Injuries in an Accident? Call GJEL Accident Attorneys Today
While accidents happen every day, you deserve compensation if you sustain a burn injury due to the negligence of another. At GJEL, our Northern California burn injury attorneys have over 40 years of experience and an undisputed track record of success. With $950 million recovered, we know what it takes to get you the money and peace of mind you deserve.
To discuss your claim, please give us a call today at 866-254-5579 to schedule your free consultation.
Brad Hurley, the founder of Bulletin Byte, believes that education is an undying platform with so much to explore. In order to bring the latest and critical updates to the general public, Brad launched this news website. He supports the platform by creating informative news articles based on Education niche.